Vision, Mission, Objectives (VMO)
QEC aims to strengthen the higher education sector of Pakistan by setting up an exemplary Quality Assurance mechanism that shall be congruent with the national and international practices.
QEC is committed to assure and enhance the quality of higher education at Indus University with respect to good teaching strategies, sound infrastructure, outcome based education, positive students’ perception, valid programs assessment tools and a learning environment conducive to research activities.
- To collate data through feedback forms and course outlines/ plans from the respective departments.
- To conduct trainings on regular basis for the Program & Assessment Team in order to generate awareness regarding self-assessment process.
- To assess the current status of educational provision at departmental level by holding meetings with the Program & Assessment Team.
- To critically examine the data and formulate recommendations in consultation with the concerned Head/Chairperson/ In-charge of the department.
- To follow the progress of the corrective actions highlighted in the Self Assessment Report (SAR) by the respective departments.
- To affirm whether curriculum, subject and staff development, research and other scholarly activities are conducted as per the HEC criteria.
- To facilitate the respective departments in getting accreditation certificate from the councils/ bodies prescribed by Higher Education Commission.
- To acquire the membership of the international agencies working in the domain of quality assurance.
- To verify whether Institutional Performance Evaluation Standards (IPES) devised for the betterment of Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) are in accordance with the HEC guidelines.
- To make sure that the university abides by the rules & regulations set by HEC in terms of faculty appointment, admission to MS/M.Phil and Ph.D programs and last but not the least, plagiarism detection service by utilizing Turnitin Software.