Indus University follows course based system, and have three semesters (Summer, Fall and Spring) in a year, each of 20 weeks duration including four weeks of examinations and results.
- Course teachers are considered as Question Paper setters of the course.
- Question Papers are moderated by a committee under the Chairperson of the Department.
- These moderate Question papers are placed in sealed envelope by the faculty him/herself and will be presented at the time of exam in person.
- Senior coordinator along with Examination department draws Examination schedule for Mid Terms and Finals.
- Examination Department allocates Rooms for Examination and assigns duties of invigilators.
Assesment of Scripts
- Un-assessed answer scripts after examination are to be wrapped in a brown large envelope and sent to examination department by the invigilators for onward transmission to the concerned teacher on the same day.
- Concerned teacher will assess the scripts within stipulated period.
- Hard copy of Award Sheet being prepared by faculty where as marks being entered in the University’s software with locking option. Manual tabulation is handed over to Controller of examination for Office record.
Assesment /Midterm, Quizzes & Assignments
The students are facilitated in the following way
- Assessments in courses or programs of study mean formal written examinations, continuous assessment, projects or any other academic exercise subject to assessment as specified in course or program regulations.
- The assessment includes Case Studies, Assignments, Quizzes, Class Workshops, Semester Projects, Mid-term / Hourlies and Final Examination.
- A student shall be mainly examined on Mid-term and Final examinations and the results will be posted on the student portal, University’s website and face book page of the University.
All examinations shall be conducted on the scheduled dates. No make up for quiz / test / mid-term / Hourly or final examination will be arranged
Upon declaration of Final Examination results, students who do not pass three or more than 3 courses offered during the module (semester) shall not be allow to take full load of 18 credit hours, such student(s) may be restricted up to 9 to 12 credit hours (depend upon the last performance of the student).Such student(s) shall have to register in the immediate next semester in the failed courses and pass the same with good academic standing along with new courses of running semester
Withdrawl From The University
A student who wishes to withdraw from the academic program for a semester or leave the University must indicate to the Registrar’s Office. If the student wishes to have a transcript showing the academic courses completed up to the date of withdrawal, he or she must fill out a Transcript Request form and pay the applicable fee. Transcripts, grade reports or other official documents will be released to the student only after all financial obligations have been met.
Compilation of Results
- Computerized Results are compiled.
- After Passing Final Exam of each semester, mark sheet are prepared through computer whereas after completion of all semester Combined Mark sheet issued to students.
- Results are display on student portal, Notice Board, Website, and online face book.
- Final transcript Or consolidated Mark sheet shall only be issued to the students once they have completed all the prerequisites for the award of degree.
- Outstanding due shall have to be cleared before student request for the consolidated Mark Sheet.
- The student who have completed their final semester but not completed their degree requirement(Project and Thesis) and are desirous to have transcript up to final semester may be issued an unofficial mark sheet clearly depicting remarks “Program Incomplete” across the intimation.
Course –Pre Requisted
Student shall not be enroller/registered in certain advance courses unless they have passed the pre-requisite courses prescribed by the University.
Students have the right to appeal their final grade in a course by using the following Grade Appeal Procedure
- The student should first discuss the issue informally with the relevant faculty member.
- If the matter cannot be resolved this way, the student may initiate an appeal to the Information cell outlining the reasons in writing.
- The final recommendation has to be made by the Controller of Examinations and conveyed to the student in a timely manner.
Taking words, ideas, figure or material from other sources and presenting them as own’s one without acknowledging of the source, any failure to accurately and completely document all uses of source materials in an academic exercise like project, assignment or Research work constitutes plagiarism and academic dishonesty.
- Degrees are prepared through Computer (University’s Software)
- Degrees are awarded in the convocation every year
Assesment Criteria (Normal Distribution)
|Quizzes||05||Assignment Project||10||total||15||Test –I||05||Test -II||05||total||10||Mid Term||25||Sub Total||50%||Finals||100%||Total for the Semester||100%|